Mukhya Mantri Teerth Darshan Yojna
Under the Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana, senior citizens of Madhya Pradesh who are 60 years or more (2 years relaxation in case of women) who are not income tax payers, can visit pilgrimage places located outside the state. Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana has been conceptualized to facilitate the visit of senior citizens . Madhya Pradesh government has launched this scheme in June 2012. In this scheme, senior citizens of the state are facilitated to travel identified pilgrimage sites of the country free of cost. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has contracted with the Department of Religious Trust Government of Madhya Pradesh for travel by special train. Breakfast, food and pure drinking water, arrangement for stay at the place of pilgrimage, travel by bus and other facilities where necessary is provided by IRCTC.
Link of portal for filling application by Tehsil/District/Urban body for Chief Minister Teerth Darshan Yojana
(This website will open only on SWAN network)
Eligibility for application under Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana
- It is necessary to be a native of Madhya Pradesh.
- Don’t be an income tax payer.
- Must have completed 60 years of age.Relaxation of 2 years in case of women i.e. completed 58 years of age.
- If the husband and wife want to travel together, then if one of the spouses is eligible, the life partner can also go on the journey, even if his age is less than 60 years.
- Application can be made for pilgrimage by forming a group, the head of the group will be the main applicant, but such group will not exceed 25 persons.
- The applicant should be physically and mentally fit for the journey and should not be suffering from any infectious disease like TB, congestive cardiac, obstructive respiratory disease, coronary insufficiency, coronary thrombosis, mental illness, infectious leprosy etc. In order to travel, it is mandatory for the applicant to provide a medical certificate that he is physically and mentally fit and not suffering from any infectious disease.
- A single pilgrim above 65 years of age is eligible to take a caretaker.